Quotes by: TOPICSI.. AUTHORSI.. ABOUT USI..SEE ALSO

PAGE:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35

Wise Quotes

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14


A wise man thinks it more advantageous not to join the battle than to win.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

It's easier to be wise for others than for ourselves.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

It is great folly to wish to be wise all alone.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

It's the height of folly to want to be the only wise one.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.
Douglas Bader

The wise man... if he would live at peace with others, he will bear and forbear.
Samuel Smiles

No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude.
Alfred North Whitehead

But I think I have done right to save the vision in this way, even though I may die sooner because I did it; for I know the meaning of the vision is wise and beautiful and good; and you can see that I am only a pitiful old man after all.
Black Elk

Love works a different way in different minds, the fool it enlightens and the wise it blinds.
John Dryden

Tell me I'm clever, Tell me I'm kind, Tell me I'm talented, Tell me I'm cute, Tell me I'm sensitive, Graceful and wise, Tell me I'm perfect - But tell me the truth.
Shel Silverstein

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell!
Thomas Fuller

Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse.
Thomas Fuller

A wise man turns chance into good fortune.
Thomas Fuller

The fool wanders, a wise man travels.
Thomas Fuller

Life is a pilgrimage. The wise man does not rest by the roadside inns. He marches direct to the illimitable domain of eternal bliss, his ultimate destination.
Swami Sivananda

Recently I heard a 'wise guy' story that I had a party at my home for twenty-five men. It's an interesting story, but I don't know twenty-five men I'd want to invite ta a party.
Joan Crawford

A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation.
Moliere

Perfect reason flees all extremity, and leads one to be wise with sobriety.
Moliere

A fool can throw a stone in a pond that 100 wise men can not get out.
Saul Bellow