Quotes by: TOPICSI.. AUTHORSI.. ABOUT USI..SEE ALSO

PAGE:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35

Byron Katie Quotes

1 - 2 - 3

It’s good that it hurts. Pain is the signal that you’re confused, that you’re in a lie.
Byron Katie

You know what I love, sweetheart? The thoughts that used to send us into deep depression—these same thoughts, once understood, send us into laughter.
Byron Katie


Who would you be if you didn’t believe this lie?
Byron Katie


That’s what I love about integrity. Each time we go inside, that’s where it is.
Byron Katie


It makes sense that no one else can cause you pain. That’s your job.
Byron Katie


I came to see that there was nothing to forgive, that I was the one who caused my own problems.
Byron Katie


If I think that someone else is causing my problem, I’m insane.
Byron Katie


Who would you be if you didn’t believe this thought?
Byron Katie


The pain shows you what’s left to investigate.
Byron Katie


Some of us are returning to sanity, because we’re tired of the pain. We’re in a hurry. No time to mess around.
Byron Katie


You might believe that it’s only for their own good, but how does it feel when you try to manipulate the people you
love? Are you teaching them that your love is conditional? Maybe through inquiry we can find another way.
Byron Katie


We’ve been looking outside us for our own peace. We’ve been looking in the wrong direction.
Byron Katie


It’s not easy to find your own way when you believe that you need love, approval, appreciation, or anything from your family. It’s particularly hard when you want them to see things your way.
Byron Katie


Reality doesn’t wait for your opinion, vote, or permission, sweetheart. It just keeps being what it is and doing what it does.
Byron Katie


You can’t drop concepts. You can only shine a little flashlight on them as you do inquiry, an you see that what you thought was true wasn’t. And when the truth is seen, there’s nothing you can do to make the lie true for you again.
Byron Katie


I’ll tell you that for me, one when someone used to say something that was true, one way I knew it was true was that I immediately felt defensive. I blocked it off, and I went to war with them in my mind and suffered all that goes with it. And they were only saying what was true.
Byron Katie


When you think that someone or something other than yourself needs to change, you’re mentally out of your business.
Byron Katie


I came to see that the world is always as it should be, whether I opposed it or not. And I came to embrace reality with all my heart. I love the world, without any conditions.
Byron Katie


Your nature is truth, and when you oppose it, you don’t feel like yourself. Stress never feels as natural as peace does.
Byron Katie


It’s important to realize that inquiry is about noticing, not about dropping the thought… Inquiry is not about getting rid of thoughts; it’s about realizing what’s true for you, through awareness and unconditional self-love. Once you see the truth, the thought lets go of you, not the other way around.
Byron Katie


Without our stories, we are not only able to act clearly and fearlessly, we are also a friend, a listener. We are people living happy lives. We are appreciation and gratitude that have become as natural as breath itself. Happiness is the natural state for someone who knows that there’s nothing to know and that we already have everything we need, right here now.
Byron Katie