Quotes by: TOPICSI.. AUTHORSI.. ABOUT USI..SEE ALSO

PAGE:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35

Strength Quotes

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14


Work is not man's punishment. It is his reward and his strength and his pleasure.
George Sand

Success in golf depends less on strength of body than upon strength of mind and character.
Arnold Palmer

Nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength.
Ralph W. Sockman

Strength of mind rests in sobriety; for this keeps your reason unclouded by passion.
Pythagoras

Evil is the moment when I lack the strength to be true to the Good that compels me.
Alain Badiou

Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. The heated mind resents the chill touch and relentless scrutiny of logic.
William E. Gladstone

Love you will find only where you may show yourself weak without provoking strength.
Theodor Adorno

He's an innocent in a lot of ways. He's a very simple person who really doesn't have the resources or the strength, ultimately, to handle the situation.
Jared Leto

I know now what this meant, that the bison were the gift of a good spirit and were our strength, but we should lose them, and from the same good spirit we must find another strength.
Black Elk

I had a vision with which I might have saved my people, but I had not the strength to do it.
Black Elk

But I really like hosting, I think it's a strength of mine. It allows me to improvise, and I love the spontaneity of that, and I think I'm funny behind the desk when interviewing someone.
Garry Shandling

I know that, like every woman of the people, I have more strength than I appear to have.
Evita Peron

Wisdom is always an overmatch for strength.
Phil Jackson

In this outward and physical ceremony we attest once again to the inner and spiritual strength of our Nation. As my high school teacher, Miss Julia Coleman, used to say: 'We must adjust to changing times and still hold to unchanging principles.'
Jimmy Carter

I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It is there all the time.
Anna Freud

It is wonderful what strength of purpose and boldness and energy of will are roused by the assurance that we are doing our duty.
Walter Scott

Women have seldom sufficient employment to silence their feelings; a round of little cares, or vain pursuits frittering away all strength of mind and organs, they become naturally only objects of sense.
Mary Wollstonecraft

To have ego means to believe in your own strength. And to also be open to other people's views. It is to be open, not closed. So, yes, my ego is big, but it's also very small in some areas. My ego is responsible for my doing what I do - bad or good.
Barbra Streisand

Strength instead of being the lusty child of passion, grows by grappling with and subduing them.
James M. Barrie

Each blade of grass has its spot on earth whence it draws its life, its strength; and so is man rooted to the land from which he draws his faith together with his life.
Joseph Conrad