Quotes by: TOPICSI.. AUTHORSI.. ABOUT USI..SEE ALSO

PAGE:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35

Believe Quotes

1- 2-3-4

If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it.
John Lennon

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Eleanor Roosevelt

I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
George Carlin

The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything, the young know everything.
Oscar Wilde

The world is divided into two classes, those who believe the incredible, and those who do the improbable.
Oscar Wilde

Man can believe the impossible, but man can never believe the improbable.
Oscar Wilde

It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it.
Eleanor Roosevelt

I believe that anyone can conquer fear by doing the things he fears to do, provided he keeps doing them until he gets a record of successful experience behind him.
Eleanor Roosevelt

I can not believe that war is the best solution. No one won the last war, and no one will win the next war.
Eleanor Roosevelt

I believe that it's better to be looked over than it is to be overlooked.
Mae West

I believe in censorship. I made a fortune out of it.
Mae West

Believe you can and you're halfway there.
Theodore Roosevelt

I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance.
Friedrich Nietzsche

There cannot be a God because if there were one, I could not believe that I was not He.
Friedrich Nietzsche

I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time.
Friedrich Nietzsche

When marrying, ask yourself this question: Do you believe that you will be able to converse well with this person into your old age? Everything else in marriage is transitory.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Whoever feels predestined to see and not to believe will find all believers too noisy and pushy: he guards against them.
Friedrich Nietzsche

People who have given us their complete confidence believe that they have a right to ours. The inference is false, a gift confers no rights.
Friedrich Nietzsche

You have to believe in yourself.
Sun Tzu

If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near.
Sun Tzu

Sex education may be a good idea in the schools, but I don't believe the kids should be given homework.
Bill Cosby

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?
Groucho Marx

We believe that if men have the talent to invent new machines that put men out of work, they have the talent to put those men back to work.
John F. Kennedy

Old age, believe me, is a good and pleasant thing. It is true you are gently shouldered off the stage, but then you are given such a comfortable front stall as spectator.
Confucius

I believe in a long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown.
Jim Morrison

People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.
Bob Dylan

I believe that if you show people the problems and you show them the solutions they will be moved to act.
Bill Gates

If you want to be successful, it's just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing.
Will Rogers

Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours.
Dale Carnegie

If you believe in what you are doing, then let nothing hold you up in your work. Much of the best work of the world has been done against seeming impossibilities. The thing is to get the work done.
Dale Carnegie

I believe in human beings, and that all human beings should be respected as such, regardless of their color.
Malcolm X

I believe in a religion that believes in freedom. Any time I have to accept a religion that won't let me fight a battle for my people, I say to hell with that religion.
Malcolm X

When men speak ill of thee, live so as nobody may believe them.
Plato

If you believe in God, believe in Death Row East.
Tupac Shakur

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.
Henry Ford

Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.
Anne Frank

The fellow that can only see a week ahead is always the popular fellow, for he is looking with the crowd. But the one that can see years ahead, he has a telescope but he can't make anybody believe that he has it.
Will Rogers

Things that I felt absolutely sure of but a few years ago, I do not believe now. This thought makes me see more clearly how foolish it would be to expect all men to agree with me.
Jim Rohn

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
Norman Vincent Peale

Four things for success: work and pray, think and believe.
Norman Vincent Peale

Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.
Voltaire

I believe that in every country the people themselves are more peaceably and liberally inclined than their governments.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.
Billy Graham

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
Voltaire

Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
Voltaire

To believe in God is impossible not to believe in Him is absurd.
Voltaire

As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit atrocities.
Voltaire

Divorce is probably of nearly the same date as marriage. I believe, however, that marriage is some weeks the more ancient.
Voltaire

To assert in any case that a man must be absolutely cut off from society because he is absolutely evil amounts to saying that society is absolutely good, and no-one in his right mind will believe this today.
Albert Camus

Don't believe your friends when they ask you to be honest with them. All they really want is to be maintained in the good opinion they have of themselves.
Albert Camus

Men are never really willing to die except for the sake of freedom: therefore they do not believe in dying completely.
Albert Camus

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. Men will believe what they see.
Henry David Thoreau

There are old heads in the world who cannot help me by their example or advice to live worthily and satisfactorily to myself; but I believe that it is in my power to elevate myself this very hour above the common level of my life.
Henry David Thoreau

Faith keeps many doubts in her pay. If I could not doubt, I should not believe.
Henry David Thoreau

The Hebrews have done more to civilize men than any other nation. If I were an atheist, and believed blind eternal fate, I should still believe that fate had ordained the Jews to be the most essential instrument for civilizing the nations.
John Adams

Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.
Pablo Picasso

You mustn't always believe what I say. Questions tempt you to tell lies, particularly when there is no answer.
Pablo Picasso

I don't believe in accidents. There are only encounters in history. There are no accidents.
Pablo Picasso

Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right.
Henry Ford

The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it.
George Bernard Shaw

Before you can win, you have to believe you are worthy.
Mike Ditka

Here's what I tell anybody and this is what I believe. The greatest gift we have is the gift of life. We understand that. That comes from our Creator. We're given a body. Now you may not like it, but you can maximize that body the best it can be maximized.
Mike Ditka

I really believe the only way to stay healthy is to eat properly, get your rest and exercise. If you don't exercise and do the other two, I still don't think it's going to help you that much.
Mike Ditka

Let us not listen to those who think we ought to be angry with our enemies, and who believe this to be great and manly. Nothing is so praiseworthy, nothing so clearly shows a great and noble soul, as clemency and readiness to forgive.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
Swami Vivekananda

Good copy can't be written with tongue in cheek, written just for a living. You've got to believe in the product.
David Ogilvy

The advertisers who believe in the selling power of jingles have never had to sell anything.
David Ogilvy

In theory there is a possibility of perfect happiness: To believe in the indestructible element within one, and not to strive towards it.
Franz Kafka

Test yourself on mankind. It is something that makes the doubter doubt, the believer believe.
Franz Kafka

Resistance is feasible even for those who are not heroes by nature, and it is an obligation, I believe, for those who fear the consequences and detest the reality of the attempt to impose American hegemony.
Noam Chomsky

I don't believe in dying. It's been done. I'm working on a new exit. Besides, I can't die now - I'm booked.
George Burns

The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.
Frank Lloyd Wright

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.
Frank Lloyd Wright

I believe totally in a Capitalist System, I only wish that someone would try it.
Frank Lloyd Wright

I do not believe in God; his existence has been disproved by Science. But in the concentration camp, I learned to believe in men.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
Aldous Huxley

Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.
Richard Bach

The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.
Arnold Schwarzenegger

I believe with all my heart that America remains 'the great idea' that inspires the world. It is a privilege to be born here. It is an honor to become a citizen here. It is a gift to raise your family here, to vote here, and to live here.
Arnold Schwarzenegger