Quotes by: TOPICSI.. AUTHORSI.. ABOUT USI..SEE ALSO

PAGE:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35

Believe Quotes

1- 2 -3 -4

I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn't need any advice from me. With God in charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about.
Henry Ford

I do not believe a man can ever leave his business. He ought to think of it by day and dream of it by night.
Henry Ford

It is necessary to the happiness of man that he be mentally faithful to himself. Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving, it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe.
Thomas Paine

I believe in the equality of man; and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavoring to make our fellow-creatures happy.
Thomas Paine

I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
James Madison

Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also.
Marcus Aurelius

I don't believe in guilt, I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person, and don't judge people in your life. I think you should live completely free.
Angelina Jolie

I'd like to believe that the people that have supported me in my work or identified with me in films, the people that feel they know me, they do and they don't have misconceptions - they understand. I believe that.
Angelina Jolie

If you have enough people sitting around telling you you're wonderful, then you start believing you're fabulous, then someone tells you you stink and you believe that too!
Angelina Jolie

I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.
Anais Nin

He does not believe that does not live according to his belief .
Sigmund Freud

We believe that civilization has been created under the pressure of the exigencies of life at the cost of satisfaction of the instincts.
Sigmund Freud

Color television! Bah, I won't believe it until I see it in black and white.
Samuel Goldwyn

I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive.
Joseph Campbell

The essence of competitiveness is liberated when we make people believe that what they think and do is important - and then get out of their way while they do it.
Jack Welch

I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars.
Walt Whitman

I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends.
Walt Whitman

I am for those who believe in loose delights, I share the midnight orgies of young men, I dance with the dancers and drink with the drinkers.
Walt Whitman

I believe in one thing only, the power of human will.
Joseph Stalin

I don't believe one grows older. I think that what happens early on in life is that at a certain age one stands still and stagnates.
T. S. Eliot

I just owe almost everything to my father and it's passionately interesting for me that the things that I learned in a small town, in a very modest home, are just the things that I believe have won the election.
Margaret Thatcher

There are still people in my party who believe in consensus politics. I regard them as Quislings, as traitors... I mean it.
Margaret Thatcher

It's passionately interesting for me that the things that I learned in a small town, in a very modest home, are just the things that I believe have won the election.
Margaret Thatcher

I am in politics because of the conflict between good and evil, and I believe that in the end good will triumph.
Margaret Thatcher

Furthermore, we believe that health care reform, again I said at the beginning of my remarks, that we sent the three pillars that the President's economic stabilization and job creation initiatives were education and innovation - innovation begins in the classroom - clean energy and climate, addressing the climate issues in an innovative way to keep us number one and competitive in the world with the new technology, and the third, first among equals I may say, is health care, health insurance reform.
Nancy Pelosi

If we long to believe that the stars rise and set for us, that we are the reason there is a Universe, does science do us a disservice in deflating our conceits?
Carl Sagan

I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will.
Clint Eastwood

Men in general are quick to believe that which they wish to be true.
Julius Caesar

Men freely believe that which they desire.
Julius Caesar

Men willingly believe what they wish.
Julius Caesar

What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also.
Julius Caesar

Men are nearly always willing to believe what they wish.
Julius Caesar

Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.
e. e. cummings

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
Oprah Winfrey

I don't believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process.
Oprah Winfrey

I was raised to believe that excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism. And that's how I operate my life.
Oprah Winfrey

I believe that every single event in life happens in an opportunity to choose love over fear.
Oprah Winfrey

I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government.
Woody Allen

I don't believe in the after life, although I am bringing a change of underwear.
Woody Allen

I feel good because I believe I have made progress in rebuilding the people's trust in their government.
Arnold Schwarzenegger

The biggest mistake that you can make is to believe that you are working for somebody else. Job security is gone. The driving force of a career must come from the individual. Remember: Jobs are owned by the company, you own your career!
Earl Nightingale

In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
Blaise Pascal

Men often take their imagination for their heart; and they believe they are converted as soon as they think of being converted.
Blaise Pascal

It is natural for the mind to believe and for the will to love; so that, for want of true objects, they must attach themselves to false.
Blaise Pascal

Our soul is cast into a body, where it finds number, time, dimension. Thereupon it reasons, and calls this nature necessity, and can believe nothing else.
Blaise Pascal

Don't ever forget two things I'm going to tell you. One, don't believe everything that's written about you. Two, don't pick up too many checks.
Babe Ruth

Believe me, the next step is a currency crisis because there will be a rejection of the dollar, the rejection of the dollar is a big, big event, and then your personal liberties are going to be severely threatened.
Ron Paul

There's nothing wrong with being a Conservative and coming up with a Conservative believe in foreign policy where we have a strong national defense and we don't go to war so carelessly.
Ron Paul

Now, the essence, the very spirit of Christmas is that we first make believe a thing is so, and lo, it presently turns out to be so.
Stephen Leacock

It is a masterpiece of the devil to make us believe that children cannot understand religion. Would Christ have made a child the standard of faith if He had known that it was not capable of understanding His words?
Dwight L. Moody

I love you the more in that I believe you had liked me for my own sake and for nothing else.
John Keats

We are never further from what we wish than when we believe that we have what we wished for.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

If you must tell me your opinions, tell me what you believe in. I have plenty of doubts of my own.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I can tell you, honest friend, what to believe: believe life; it teaches better that book or orator.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I had rather believe all the Fables in the Legend, and the Talmud, and the Alcoran, than that this universal frame is without a Mind.
Francis Bacon

Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted... but to weigh and consider.
Francis Bacon

I do not believe that any man fears to be dead, but only the stroke of death.
Francis Bacon

Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have.
Margaret Mead

I do not believe in using women in combat, because females are too fierce.
Margaret Mead