Quotes by: TOPICSI.. AUTHORSI.. ABOUT USI..SEE ALSO

PAGE:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35

Abraham Lincoln Quotes

    Abraham Lincoln 


1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7

I do the very best I know how - the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end.
Abraham Lincoln

I don't know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.
Abraham Lincoln

I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.
Abraham Lincoln

I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.
Abraham Lincoln

I hope to stand firm enough to not go backward, and yet not go forward fast enough to wreck the country's cause.
Abraham Lincoln

I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.
Abraham Lincoln

I never had a policy; I have just tried to do my very best each and every day.
Abraham Lincoln

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
Abraham Lincoln

I walk slowly, but I never walk backward.
Abraham Lincoln

I want it said of me by those who knew me best, that I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow.
Abraham Lincoln

I was losing interest in politics, when the repeal of the Missouri Compromise aroused me again. What I have done since then is pretty well known.
Abraham Lincoln

I will prepare and some day my chance will come.
Abraham Lincoln

I'm a slow walker, but I never walk back.
Abraham Lincoln

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my ax.
Abraham Lincoln

If I were to try to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business.
Abraham Lincoln

If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?
Abraham Lincoln

If once you forfeit the confidence of your fellow-citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem.
Abraham Lincoln

If there is anything that a man can do well, I say let him do it. Give him a chance.
Abraham Lincoln

If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
Abraham Lincoln

If we could first know where we are, and whither we are tending, we could then better judge what to do, and how to do it.
Abraham Lincoln