Quotes by: TOPICSI.. AUTHORSI.. ABOUT USI..SEE ALSO

PAGE:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35

Hope Quotes

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12

If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or Fight Like Hell.
Lance Armstrong

Love can no more continue without a constant motion than fire can; and when once you take hope and fear away, you take from it its very life and being.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Hope, deceiving as it is, serves at least to lead us to the end of our lives by an agreeable route.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

In most of mankind gratitude is merely a secret hope of further favors.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Gratitude is merely the secret hope of further favors.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Love is a springtime plant that perfumes everything with its hope, even the ruins to which it clings.
Gustave Flaubert

One must always hope when one is desperate, and doubt when one hopes.
Gustave Flaubert

Desperation is the raw material of drastic change. Only those who can leave behind everything they have ever believed in can hope to escape.
William S. Burroughs

All hope abandon, ye who enter here!
Dante Alighieri

People always ask me if I'm going to stop modeling because I have started an acting career. I hope to continue to model for years to come.
Tyra Banks

How wonderful that we have met with a paradox. Now we have some hope of making progress.
Niels Bohr

The origin of the absurd idea of immortal life is easy to discover; it is kept alive by hope and fear, by childish faith, and by cowardice.
Clarence Darrow

Someday I hope to write a book where the royalties will pay for the copies I give away.
Clarence Darrow

I hope for the day when everyone can speak again of God without embarrassment.
Paul Tillich

The essence of optimism is that it takes no account of the present, but it is a source of inspiration, of vitality and hope where others have resigned; it enables a man to hold his head high, to claim the future for himself and not to abandon it to his enemy.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

To withdraw is not to run away, and to stay is no wise action, when there's more reason to fear than to hope.
Miguel De Cervantes

I hope to die in the saddle seat.
Albert Ellis

When I think about the world I would like to leave to my daughter and the grandchildren I hope to have, it is a world that moves away from unequal, unstable, unsustainable interdependence to integrated communities - locally, nationally and globally - that share the characteristics of all successful communities.
William J. Clinton

A lot of presidential memoirs, they say, are dull and self-serving. I hope mine is interesting and self-serving.
William J. Clinton

Well, I've been reading a lot about the fifty years since the Second World War, about Western foreign policy and all that. I try not to let it get to me, but sometimes I just think that there's no hope.
Thom Yorke