Quotes by: TOPICSI.. AUTHORSI.. ABOUT USI..SEE ALSO

PAGE:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35

Hope Quotes

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12

Faith has to do with things that are not seen and hope with things that are not at hand.
Thomas Aquinas

But what is Hope? Nothing but the paint on the face of Existence; the least touch of truth rubs it off, and then we see what a hollow-cheeked harlot we have got hold of.
Lord Byron

This man is freed from servile bands, Of hope to rise, or fear to fall; Lord of himself, though not of lands, And leaving nothing, yet hath all.
Lord Byron

The happy Union of these States is a wonder; their Constitution a miracle; their example the hope of Liberty throughout the world.
James Madison

Hope is the word which God has written on the brow of every man.
Victor Hugo

Hope travels through, nor quits us when we die.
Alexander Pope

In the long term we can hope that religion will change the nature of man and reduce conflict. But history is not encouraging in this respect. The bloodiest wars in history have been religious wars.
Richard M. Nixon

I hope that I may always desire more than I can accomplish.
Michelangelo

Many believe - and I believe - that I have been designated for this work by God. In spite of my old age, I do not want to give it up; I work out of love for God and I put all my hope in Him.
Michelangelo

I hope to have communion with the people, that is the most important thing.
Pope John Paul II

Hope is a good breakfast, but it is a bad supper.
Francis Bacon

The present is the ever moving shadow that divides yesterday from tomorrow. In that lies hope.
Frank Lloyd Wright

What can I know? What ought I to do? What can I hope?
Immanuel Kant

All the interests of my reason, speculative as well as practical, combine in the three following questions: 1. What can I know? 2. What ought I to do? 3. What may I hope?
Immanuel Kant

While there's life, there's hope.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Nor dread nor hope attend a dying animal; a man awaits his end dreading and hoping all.
William Butler Yeats

One thing I hope I'll never be is drunk with my own power. And anybody who says I am will never work in this town again.
Jim Carrey

I've seen the ticket, and I still can't believe it. When I see the money, I hope I don't hit the floor.
Judy Garland

To hope means to be ready at every moment for that which is not yet born, and yet not become desperate if there is no birth in our lifetime.
Erich Fromm

My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope.
Ovid