Quotes by: TOPICSI.. AUTHORSI.. ABOUT USI..SEE ALSO

PAGE:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35

Hope Quotes

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12

Minds that are ill at ease are agitated by both hope and fear.
Ovid

The less we deserve good fortune, the more we hope for it.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am so excited to let fans in on how important my relationship with my family is to me. I hope to motivate mothers and daughters to build lifetimes of memories together and inspire kids around the world to live their dreams.
Miley Cyrus

I tremble for my country when I hear of confidence expressed in me. I know too well my weakness, that our only hope is in God.
Robert E. Lee

Today I can declare my hope and declare it from the bottom of my heart that we will eventually see the time when that number of nuclear weapons is down to zero and the world is a much better place.
Colin Powell

You just have to keep trying to do good work, and hope that it leads to more good work. I want to look back on my career and be proud of the work, and be proud that I tried everything. Yes, I want to look back and know that I was terrible at a variety of things.
Jon Stewart

Ideology, politics and journalism, which luxuriate in failure, are impotent in the face of hope and joy.
P. J. O'Rourke

Solitude is not something you must hope for in the future. Rather, it is a deepening of the present, and unless you look for it in the present you will never find it.
Thomas Merton

To live without Hope is to Cease to live.
Fyodor Dostoevsky

A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love.
Stendhal

Confidence is that feeling by which the mind embarks in great and honorable courses with a sure hope and trust in itself.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

I hope that posterity will judge me kindly, not only as to the things which I have explained, but also to those which I have intentionally omitted so as to leave to others the pleasure of discovery.
Rene Descartes

Beware how you take away hope from another human being.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Love, we say, is life; but love without hope and faith is agonizing death.
Elbert Hubbard

In love, unlike most other passions, the recollection of what you have had and lost is always better than what you can hope for in the future.
Stendhal

Man needs, for his happiness, not only the enjoyment of this or that, but hope and enterprise and change.
Bertrand Russell

He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything.
Thomas Carlyle

I would hope that understanding and reconciliation are not limited to the 19th hole alone.
Gerald R. Ford

Why are we so full of restraint? Why do we not give in all directions? Is it fear of losing ourselves? Until we do lose ourselves there is no hope of finding ourselves.
Henry Miller

Not without hope we suffer and we mourn.
William Wordsworth